I had some pretty ripe bananas on my counter. So naturally, I made banana bread with them. Look at these babies.
My favorite recipe is one I threw together from reviewing several different recipes throughout the years. This recipe is pretty close to the banana bread I would make back in college to comfort me during those all-nighters.
Hello freshman 15…or 50… whatever.
The best part about this banana bread is the cookie crumble I add to the top. It adds crunch and a sugar cookie sweetness. YUM!
1. You will want to cream the butter and sugar together
2. Add the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and mix some more. Then add the smashed banana. Stir some more.
4. Put all the dry (flour, baking soda, salt) in a bowl and mix with a whisk.
5. Add to the wet ingredients and stir. Set Aside.
6. Make Cookie Crumble by mixing all crumble ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter) together with a fork.
It should look like this.
7. Pour batter into into 2 greased loaf pans and top with cookie crumble
8. Put in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Stick a tooth pick in to make sure it does not come out with wet batter. There maybe some crumbs and that’s ok. But if it comes out gloppy and wet. Keep baking.
This is so freaking good.
Let me know how you like!