growing up, i was never a fan of tomato soup. it reminded me of being sick & staying in bed. it was always too thin. too ketchup-tasting. last week i discovered i actually love, love, LOVE tomato soup, when it doesn’t come out of a tin can. in a big family with two working parents, we ate a lot of boxed, microwaved, & pre packed meals. it’s no one’s fault, it was the 90’s.
fresh tomato soup is my new favorite. & you can freeze the extra – win/win!
1. heat oil in pot, add onions. cook until tender.
2. add tomatoes & chicken stock – simmer 15 min
3. pour into blender, blend until smooth & return soup to pot
4. add cream & basil – simmer 20 min
5. serve w parmesan cheese on top !
perfect with grilled cheese on a chilly day (or on a lazy weekend afternoon during the month you resolved to not eat out)
*this meal & message have both been approved by The Mr ; )