My Starbucks addiction has really gone crazy. Let me tell you… they sell this Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffin that I just cannot resist. One of these paired with a skinny vanilla latte and I am one happy girl.
The only problem is that this delectable treat is only offered during the Fall season. Not to mention, Starbucks just switched bakeries so who knows if this muffin will ever come back.
No worries though! I am here to save the day! After some experimentation, I think I found something very close to the real thing. In fact, I can’t tell the difference! Seriously. I made one slight change by switching the pumpkin seeds for pecans. It can be difficult to find pumpkin seeds and I wanted this recipe to be as easy as possible, plus, candied pecans are delicious.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin (Starbucks Copy Cat)
Makes: 12 muffins
Cream Cheese Filling
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla
– mix with a mixer and set aside
1/2 cup of Candied Pecans (used this Recipe from Brown-Eyed Baker)
– chop large pecans in half, set aside.
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 ground cloves
1/2 tsp all-spice
1 tsp salt
– measure and mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
– with electric mixer, mix eggs, sugars & vanilla for 25 seconds. Add pumpkin, oil and applesauce, mix for 30 seconds.
– Stir in dry ingredients until just combined
– spoon into 12 muffin cups
– Dollop 2 tbsp of cream cheese on top
– Evenly sprinkle pecans on top of muffins
– Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until tooth pick comes out clean when stuck into muffin part.
– Enjoy with my favorite At home Starbucks Iced Coffee