How can we get the kiddos to eat their veggies? This is a never-ending dilemma but this amazing pizza is a sure win. I lovingly call this veggie pizza, Pretty Pizza because 1. “Veggie” can be a dirty word amongst the kids, 2. The variety of vegetables is so colorful that kids often call it pretty and 3. You can pick and choose whatever vegetables you like.
I want to be completely honest here. I do not have any children but many of my friends do. So I like to test try my sneaky vegetable recipes with their kids and the parents always thank me.
1 – 8oz can of refrigerated crescent rolls
8 oz of cream cheese softened
1/2 packet of Ranch powder mix
Toppings – I like to buy a small bag of fresh mixed veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli mix) makes it easy.1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
1/2 cup of chopped cauliflower
1/4 cup of chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (any combination of colors, I like green and red)
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and roll out the crescent dough as one sheet. Press all the triangles together so its one flat crust. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until gold and brown. Allow to cool to room temperature. Sometimes I stick it in the fridge to cool faster when I am in a hurry.
2. While the crust is baking and cooling, make the “sauce” and prepare the toppings. Mix the cream cheese and ranch powder in a bowl. Work it until its spreadable. Add more ranch mix if you would like a stronger flavor. I also chop the veggies into small bitty pieces so that they are slightly unrecognizable but also manageable when eating.
3. Once the crust is completely cooled, spread all the sauce evenly, from edge to edge.
4. Sprinkle the chopped vegetables on top however you would like to. Then press the veggies in slightly to ensure optimal stick. 🙂
5. Cut into pieces and serve!